Week#29 – Let the children hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
- Mathew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled.
- Matthew 5:20 Unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and Teachers of the law, you will not certainly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 6:1 Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from heaven.
- Hebrews 1:9 About the Son God says, “You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness, therefore God your God has set you above all by anointing you with the oil of Joy”
- 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that the children will have an earnest desire to do everything that is right with you. Let them hunger and thirst to do Your will more and more so that they will find satisfaction in their life. Let them not do acts of righteousness before men to be seen by people. Help them flee from the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Let them always seek your approval above everything else. Lord, strengthen them to flee from the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Help them know their Creator at a young age. Lord, help them understand money, fame, entertainment, achievement, etc.. won’t satisfy them in their life, but the true relationship with God. Help them enjoy the joy in Your presence. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Week#30 Let the children be merciful, for they will be shown mercy
- Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Exodus 34:6 The Lord God is a merciful and compassionate God, slow to anger, abounding in love
- Matthew 9:13 I desire mercy, not sacrifice
- Psalms 23:1, 6 The Lord is my shepherd. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Galatians 6:7 A man reaps what he sows
- Romans 12:8 We have different gifts. If it is showing mercy, let him do cheerfully.
Dear merciful and gracious God, You saved us from eternal death out of your grace and mercy. We thank you for the same. We can come to Your presence at any time because of Your grace and mercy. We pray that the children will be merciful to others and treat others better than they deserve. Let the Good Samaritan, who helped the wounded man on the road, be an example to our children. Let them understand whatever they sow, they reap. Let them sow seeds of kindness, mercy, love etc. Our lack of mercy to others shows our lack of appreciation to God’s mercy. You have blessed each one of us with spiritual gifts. If it is to show mercy, let us do so cheerfully. Let you be the shepherd of the children’s lives and let goodness and mercy follow them all the days of their lives and let them dwell in the house of the Lord forever. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen
Week#31 - Let the Children be pure in heart, for they will see God
- Matthew 5:8 Blessed are those who are pure in heart, for they will see God
- Matthew 6:45 The good man bring good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks
- Psalm 51:7 Create in me a pure heart, O God
- Psalm 24:4 Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart.
- Psalm 86:11 Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
- Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that You help our children to keep their hands clean and hearts pure because out of the overflow of their hearts, they speak. Let them keep good things in their hearts. Help them to have an undivided heart, so that they will give all of it to You. The Holy God abides only there where there is purity. So help them keep their hearts pure by confessing their sins so that You can dwell in their hearts. Help them separate themselves from the world and from everything that makes their bodies and souls unclean. Let them understand by keeping their heart pure, they will see You meaning they will feel the presence of God in their lives. We ask all these in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
Week#32 – Let them be the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God
- Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
- 1 Corinthians 7:15b God has called us to live in peace.
- Hebrew 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy
- James 3:17 The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and then peace-loving… Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
- James 4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?
Dear Heavenly Father, We pray that our children will make every effort to live in peace with all people and to be holy. Let them make divine peace with God and men and let them be a peacemaker. God made peace with the people by reconciling them through Jesus’s blood shed on the cross. Let the children reconcile people to God by sharing this good news with others. Let them be peacemakers and raise a harvest of righteousness. Fill them with the wisdom that comes from heaven which is first of all pure and then peace-loving. Let them not go after the things of this world, but keep their eyes fixed on You like Mary who sat at the feet of Jesus with an undivided heart. Keeping too many things of this world in their hearts can cause them to lose their peace. Let the children be peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. In Jesus’s name, we pray. Amen