Week#17 – Pray for the children to maintain good family relationships
- Mathew 5:9 – Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
- Psalm 133:1 – Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in harmony!
- Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. It is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.”…
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 – I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction.
- Ephesians 4:32. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you”
- Romans 15:5 – Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement grant you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus”
Almighty God, We pray that our children be peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. We thank you for this beautiful life. Let us begin with simplicity and live with a grateful heart. Save us from spoiling relationships by jealousy, greed, or judgments. Give us the courage this day to cast out of our thinking all that is unjust, unlovely, unworthy. Forgive us, if we have caused anyone hurt. Forgive us if we have been casual, or unkind. Forgive if we have shown a lack of patience. Forgive if we have spoken, when silence would have served. Forgive if we have been ungenerous in our judgment. Father, we thank You for our blessed home and for our dear ones. Help us to support, love, and maintain a good relationship within our family. Let us be bounded by Your loving cords that cannot be broken. Jesus, so that with one mind and one voice we may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name, we pray Amen
Week#18 - Let the children have healthy, edifying, and wise friendships
- John 3:30. John the Baptist said, ”He must become greater; I must become less”
- Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
- Psalms 119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.
- John 15: 12-13 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- Psalms 12:5 The Lord will protect them from those who malign them
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character”.
- Psalms 1:1 -3 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers But His delight is in the law of the Lord and on His Law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Encourage one another and build each other up, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
- Proverbs 22:24-25 Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may get yourself ensnared.
- Proverb 12:26 The righteous choose their friend carefully.
- Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Heavenly Father, we pray that our children will choose friends based on Your will. You draw them to righteous companions, for You made us for companionship. Lord, you be at the center of their friendship. Give them friends who are true, kind, compassionate, humble, encouraging, and helpful. After Job prayed for his friends who condemned him, God restored him and his possessions. Help them maintain a good relationship with each other in Christ Jesus. Help them treat others the way they want to be treated. Give them the wisdom to choose friendship that will honor You. Father God, preserve them from evil, all dangers, and bad relationships. You guide them and guard them. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen
Week #19 - Let the children learn who the enemy is and resist victoriously
- Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- 1 Peter 5:8 Your enemy devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in faith.
- James 4:7: Submit yourself therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Ephesians 6:10,16 Finally, brothers, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. To Him be all glory forever and ever. Amen.
- James 4:4 Friendship with the world means enmity against God.
- 2 Corinthians 2:11 No advantage may be gained over us by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his schemes.
- Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
- Revelation 12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.
- Isaiah 54:14:In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear. Terror will be far removed; it shall not come near thee.
- Ephesians.6:10,1 4-18. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around their waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and their feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
Father God, we pray that my children will humbly Submit to you and resist the devil, thoroughly defeating him. That they will discern the evil one’s tactics and not entertain his lies in their thoughts nor be entrapped by his snares. Help them know friendship with the world means enmity against God. We pray that they will receive your strength and resurrection power for every spiritual battle. For no weapon formed against them shall prosper. Help them conquer Satan by the word of their testimony that they are the children of God. They are covered with the whole armor of God and the shield of faith quenches all the fiery darts of the wicked one. They are far from oppression and fear does not come near their dwelling. Let them give no place to the devil, for they are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. In Jesus’ name, we pray.
Week#20 - Let the children not fall into temptation but deliver them from evil
- Matthew 6:13. Lead them not into temptation, but deliver from evil.
- James 1:13 God doesn’t tempt anyone, each one is tempted by his own evil desire. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
- Luke 4:1-13 Jesus was tempted by Satan but He didn’t fall into temptation, He overcame it by His words.
- 1 Peter 5:9 Resist satan, standing firm in the faith.
- James 4:7-8. Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.
- Daniel 11:32b “But people who know their God will firmly resist evil.”
- Hebrews 2:1 We must pay more careful attention to what we have heard so that we do not drift away.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13. God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- Luke 4:11. After Jesus resisted the devil with God’s words, the devil left Jesus, and angels came and attended Him.
Dear Heavenly Father, there is no other name under heaven given to Your children that they may call upon and be saved. But Satan is roaming around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Give them the strength to resist him standing firm in the faith so that he will flee from them. Let Satan have no hold on our children. Seal them with your Holy Spirit. Let Jesus be their role model that He resisted satan with God’s word. Let them come near You so that You will be near to them. Let them put on the full armor of God and stand firm so that they can take their stand against the devil’s schemes. We submit them into Your mighty hands. Guard them and guide them. Let your name be glorified in whatever they do. We ask these in Your precious name. Amen