Week#25 – What does the Lord require of you?
- Micah 6:8 What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
- 1 Peter 5:6 God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
- Philippians 2:8 Jesus humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
- Matthew 18:4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- Proverbs 22:4 The reward for humility and fear of the LORD is riches and honor and life.
- Psalm 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.
Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for all the spiritual and material blessings You have given to us. Help us to be good stewards of all the blessings that we have. Lord, we have nothing to take pride in our lives other than what You have done for us. We know that You guide the humble in what is right and teach them Your way so help us not to be proud. Give us the grace to be humble and know that humility comes before honor. Help us to do everything that is right with You and with others and help us to treat others better than they deserve from us. We know that no vital relationship with God is possible if one is unfaithful to the God-given responsibilities toward the God-given relationship. So help us to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly in our daily lives. In Jesus’ name, we pray Amen.