Week#9 – Let the Children Seek Understanding, Wisdom, And Knowledge
- Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
- Matthew 7:14 “Everyone then who hears these words of Mine and does them will be like a wise man.
- James 1:5. “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
- James 3:13 “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”
- James 3:17 “The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere”
- Proverbs 2:6 “My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding and cry aloud for understanding and if you look for it as for silver then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding”.
- Proverbs 2:11 “Discretion will preserve you: Understanding will keep you”.
- Proverbs 3:34 “The wise inherit honor but fools He holds up to shame”.
- Proverbs 3:13-18. Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding. She is more precious than rubies, nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant, and all her paths are peaceful.
- Proverbs 4:7-9. “Wisdom is supreme, therefore get wisdom. Though it costs all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her and she will honor you. She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown.”
- Ephesians 5:15 “Be very careful how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil”.
- Proverbs 24:3 “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding, it is established, through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures”.
- 1 Kings 4:29 “When King Solomon prayed, God gave him wisdom and very great insight and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen”
Prayer: O Lord, give Your children grace to accept your guidance as the hours unfold. Let them not go into the world’s ways. Let them know the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and earnestly seek heavenly wisdom, which is pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy, impartial, and pure. Help them hear the word and obey it and become wise. Help them do all their deeds in humility that comes from wisdom and lead a good life. Because Daniel and His friends stood firm on God’s words, He gave them knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. In every matter of wisdom and understanding, the king found them ten times better than all others. O Lord, Let them turn their eyes away from earthly standards and rejoice in Yours. Let them have the humility of a learner. Give them the clarity of thought that they need and a courageous spirit to move forward hopefully according to the promise verses. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen
Week#10 – Let the children seek God first in their life
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things(our needs) will be given to you.
- Deuteronomy 4:29“You will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul”
- 1 Chronicles 16:10 “Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.”
- Psalm 9:10 Lord have not forsaken those who seek you.
- Psalm 14:2 “The fool says in their heart, there is no God”
- Psalm 34:4,10 “I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing”
- Psalm 63:1 “You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water”.
- Colossians 3:1 “seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God
- Amos 5:4 Seek me and live
- Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon Him while He is near.
O God, as we bring our children before you, we feel confident that You are near to all who call in truth. Let them earnestly seek you with all their heart and soul while you may be found. Thank you for the promises that you are given to those who seek you: You will not forsake us; You will meet all their needs; they will lack no good thing and their hearts will rejoice. Let their whole being long for You, in a dry land where there is no water. Enable them to face each day, undergirded by Your strength, awed by Your greatness and purity; unafraid of any experience their daily life brings because You are with them. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen
Week#11 – Let the children be in communion with the heavenly Father.
- Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
- Romans 8:26 We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words can not express.
- Psalms 145:18 The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.
- Matthew 6:6 But when you pray go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen.
- Matthew 6:9-13 This is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come ….. Deliver us from the evil one.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the will be opened to you.
- James 4:3 When you ask you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives.
- James 5:16 The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective
- 1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- Matthew 18:19 “I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”
- Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
- Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17,18. Pray without ceasing and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry out, the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.
Heavenly Father we pray that our children will know the assurance of your great love and learn to communicate with you. Help them understand the Lord is near to those who call on Him in truth. Lead them to be entirely dependent on you for everything so that they talk with you about all things and give you all the honor and glory. To You be all glory and honor forever and ever. Amen
Week#12 – Let the children obey the parents & respect those in authority
- Ephesians 6:1-4. Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honor thy father and mother which is the first commandment with promise; That it may go well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
- Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things for this is well-pleasing unto the Lord.
- Luke 2:51 The boy Jesus went down to Nazareth with His parents and was obedient to them.
- John 14:31 Jesus said,” The world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me”
- Isaiah 1:19 The Lord has spoken to the Israelites, “If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best of the land.”
- Proverbs 1:8,9,33. Listen, my son to your father’s instructions, and do not forsake the teaching of your mother. For they are a garland of grace on your head and a pendant around your neck.
- Romans 13:1. Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except which God has established.
Heavenly Father, we pray thee that our children obey us, for it is right to honor their parents and it is well pleasing to the Lord. We thank thee for the promise that it is well with our children and that they will have a long life on the earth. Dear Jesus when you were on earth, you were obedient to your earthly parents. Just like that, we pray that our children will obey us. We confess that we, do not provoke them to anger, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Our children will not be discouraged. Our children hearken unto us and to God’s word and dwell safely, quiet from the fear of evil. We pray that our children will submit to the authority you have placed over them. Let them understand that you have established loving, wise covering for their good, through parents and others in authority. Cause them to obey and not reserve for themselves the right to choose whether to obey, which you call rebellion. Thank you for giving them joyful and grateful hearts as they submit to your ordained authorities. Lead them to be entirely dependent on You for everything so that they talk with You about all things and give You all the honor and glory. To You be all glory and honor forever and ever. Amen